Our facility and staff are ready to help you embark on the road to recovery.
The friendly counsellors at LIFE Recovery Home understand the difficult choices and issues faced by woman bound by substance additions. Confidential consultation is available to these individuals every weekday during regular working hours. Many draw from their own addiction and recovery experiences.
LIFE Recovery is ready to help willing individuals embark on the road to recovery. In order to be accepted into the LIFE Recovery Program, prospective residents must meet the following criteria:
- Be a female, 18 years of age or older
- Have substance abuse issues
- Complete a TB test and ensure all other medical issues are under control
- Possess a desire to overcome and be set free from substance addictions
- Commit to a minimum of 3 months in treatment at LIFE Recovery Home
- Be willing to participate fully and comply with program requirements
- Be open to growing spiritually in Christ as you gain freedom from addictive lifestyles
- Make payment arrangements for treatment prior to entry
Programs at LIFE Recovery Home consist of both individual and group therapy.
Residents must meet with a counsellor on a regular basis to monitor progress and readiness for discharge. Residents must also complete a curriculum of educational material, including written assignments, both individually and in small groups. Residents must also attend Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings and other 12-Step meetings on a daily basis.
Each woman at LIFE Recovery Home is treated as a child of God, with care and respect, as they choose to pursue a life free from addiction.
- Feelings “check-in”
- Self-esteem assessment
- Education about chemical dependency, addiction, boundaries, co-dependency and relapse prevention
- Big Book study
- 12-Steps study
- Workshops on communication skills, healthy relationships, goal-setting, planning and problem-solving skills
- Opportunities for life skills development and employment
- Art therapy
- Music therapy
- Weekly guest speakers
- Sing-along time
- Physical exercise
Christian 12-Step Program
The 12 Steps as applied by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) have been drawn from the heart of the Scriptures. The Christian 12-Step Program is an integration of these foundational truths as they relate to chemically-addicted and emotionally-wounded women.
By applying Biblical principles, LIFE Recovery residents begin to grow spiritually and gain the opportunity to be free from addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviours. This freedom gives way to peace, joy and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
The 12 Steps (as adapted from the original AA Steps):
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of us.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to remove all our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would harm them or others.
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
- We, having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.